Saturday, April 14, 2007

Far West of Cornwall-Penzance and other towns

I spent all five nights in Penzance at a really nice guesthouse right across from the sea. Most of the Coastal Path is along protected land or farmland but I went through several pretty villages while hiking. Most of the time, my day started and ended in a village, easier for the cab to pick me up.




St. Michael's Mount- an island just a shortways from Penzance, now owned by the National Trust
A view of the old town of Penzance


The harbor of the village of Mousehole- the prettiest village I went to

Another view of some of the cottages in Mousehole
A view of Mousehole from the hill walking into the village
The church in Zennor- has 12th century origins
An old water wheel in Zennor- the church is in the background
Looking down at Lamorna Cove-another village where I starting hiking one day
A view of the Stanley Guesthouse-where I stayed in Penzance
The view from the window in my room
Jake the Scottish terrier who lived at the guesthouse
My room- you can see my backpack laying on the bed!