Saturday, October 07, 2006

Hampton Court

Today brought me to Hampton Court, famous for being the home of Henry the VIII. The palace is huge, it covers six acres and the gardens cover at least sixty acres. Needless to say I did not see everything, but I saw a lot. I saw the Chapel Royal, built by Henry the VIII and the King's state rooms. The king being William of William and Mary fame. I also walked through a lot of the gardens, although I didn't get a chance to go through the maze, though I did see it.

The Front entrance to the Palace
Another view of the entrance
The large clock tower in one of the courtyards
Another tower
The outside view of Henry theVIII's great hall
The Fountain Court, part of the palace that was remodeled by Christopher Wren for William and Mary
Another view of Fountain Court (You can just make out some of the Tudor part of the Palace)
The Tudor part and the Wren part of the Palace side by side
View of Wren addition from the gardens
The King's Privy Garden
Fountain with Palace in the background
View of Palace from Garden
Closeup of Fountain
The Tudor part of the Palace from the garden
The entrance to the maze
Two ladies in Tudor dress
The Thames from the Palace